Klaus von Woyski (9 January
1931 in Stolp ) is a German painter, graphic artist and
Klaus von Woyski grew up as the youngest of three sons
of the family of Woyski in Stolp and Ritzow on. In 1946
he was with his parents and his brother Jürgen resettled
(1929 - 2000) from there. The family arrived in 1947
after Osterwieck in the resin while the eldest brother,
Wolfgang (1926 - 2007), in Bonn Protestant Theology
began to study and later minister in Rhineland was.
Klaus von Wosyki began in 1947 a carpenter teaching.
After a year of broke Woyski from the doctrine and took
with his brother Jürgen studying art at the Art Academy
Burg Giebichenstein in Halle (Saale) on. After
undergraduate studies at Joachim Heuer he was in the
painting class of Charles Crodel added. His brother
Jürgen went into the sculpture class of Gustav Weidanz.
After 1951 Charles Crodel was appointed to Munich,
became Kurt Bunge his teacher. Klaus von Woyski dealt in
addition to his own artistic work intensively with
painting techniques of old masters and paintings and
sculpture restoration. After graduation in 1956 he was
employed as a restorer at the National Gallery
Moritzburg in Halle. It was followed by numerous
exhibitions, as well as active membership in Alfons
Zschockelts jazz band, with which he as Washboard was
involved poker players also recordings.
Klaus von Woyski 1960 was awarded a lectureship about
painting techniques at the Art Burg Giebichenstein, but
he fled on August 19, 1960, with his young family on
West Berlin to West Germany. He had married in 1955,
1956, the daughter Franziska was born. In West Germany,
he was given the opportunity to be an employee of his
previously fled teacher Kurt Bunge during restoration
work, including the Wiesbaden City Palace in Oldenburg,
on Fasanenschlösschen in Karlsruhe as well as works by
the sculptor Ludwig Münstermann.
From Woyski the association of artists came Kassel in
and turned in this time of nonrepresentational painting,
numerous exhibitions followed. In 1966, of Woyski a job
as a restorer at the Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Kassel.
In 1970 he took over the newly created position of
conservator for the German Archaeological Institute,
Athens Department. From Woyski supervised until his
retirement in 1997, the entire German excavations in
Greece on Samos, in Olympia, in Athens - Kerameikos and
in Tyrins restorers. Helmut Kyrieleis the German
Archaeological Institute said of Klaus von Woyski that
he had done for years valuable construction work because
in addition to his restoration work on the excavation
sites, he set up restoration workshops.
Since the relocation of the entire family in 1970 after
Greece's painting style Klaus von Woyskis transformed by
the new landscape impressions and by the Greek light
back into realistic. He painted the Greek countryside
without anecdotes in its rugged beauty. He preferred the
technique of painting on layers gesso.
After his retirement Woyski returned after 27 years to
return to Germany. He now lives in Hanau and is still
active as a painter. He also accepts repeatedly
restoration work in Greece. His daughter Franziska von
Woyski has also become a painter.
Solo exhibitions / selection:
• 1973 Gallery cooling, Hannover
• 1980 Gallery in the courtyard, Gifhorn
• 1981 Gallery Stula, Hannover
• 1991 Goethe Institute , Athens
• 1998 Kunstverein "Talstrasse" , Hall
• 1999 Kunstverein "Talstrasse", Hall
• 1999 Museum of Arts and Crafts Hamburg
• 2000 Gallery Flierl, Berlin
• 2006 Museum Schloss Hohentübingen
• 2006 Gallery Eurasia, Brussels
• 2010 Gallery Dr. Stelzer and Zaglmaier, Halle (Saale);
with his daughter Franziska von Woyski